With the IH young Learners conference looming and that project nearing [stay tuned for the final version to be posted] it’s completion I have started to think about what is my next challenge.
- To encourage students to write more via a meaningful means of communication
- To provide a permanent record of their work which can later be used in a portfolio
- To have their work peer and teacher commented on (for both content and language)
- To set extra (optional) out of class tasks
- To encourage creativity
and possibly some others which I haven’t thought of yet. [any ideas?]
If you want to follow my progress and thought process then you can track them on the page.
- Why help students to blog?
- Which blog platform should your students use? [bonus: some initial student quotes on their blogs]
- Groups blogs vs individual student blogs
- Helping students to set up their own blog
- Getting students to comment
- #minmon video 6 reasons to get your students to blog
- 5 types of blogging tasks to set students
- [not really blogging but includes blogging as well] Using computers and Email with 1 to 1 students.